All Saints Governing Board
Our Governing Board here at All Saints is made up of 12 members:
7 Foundation Governors, 2 Parent Governors, 1 Local Authority Governor, 1 Staff Governor and Headteacher.
As All Saints is a Church of England Aided Primary school, there will always be a majority of foundation governors. Foundation governors are appointed to serve as governors by the diocese. Foundation Governors have a particular focus on our school's Christian character and along with the Head Teacher, monitor and evaluate the school's distinctiveness and effectiveness as a Church School.
For more information about the Governing Body and the Governors Meetings, please see the information in the side bar.
The Governing Body at All Saints CEVA Primary School and Nursery Unit is made up as follows:
Please send any correspondance to: Chair of Governors, c/o All Saints CEVA Primary School, Castle Street, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 1LS.
Who are Governors and what do they do?
School Governors are one of the largest volunteer forces in the country made up of people who want to make a positive contribution to children's education. They have an important part to play in raising school standards.
The role of the governing board is absolutely key to the effectiveness of a school. They must provide strategic management and act as a critical friend to support and challenge the head teacher and staff ensuring the school makes good progress towards achieving its aims and objectives.
They do this by:
- Setting a vision, values and ethos of the school
- Setting the aims and objectives for the school and setting the targets to achieve these
- Determining the schools staffing structure and key staffing policies and the principles to be used by school leaders to set other school policies
- Setting and managing the school budget by putting in place a robust financial management system that ensures best value for money
- Rigorously monitoring and evaluating the performance of the Head Teacher